Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Enjoy the small things.

Awhile back I read a birth story of a mom who gave birth to a baby with down syndrome. At the time it really inspired me. She has a blog located here. I love how she is just enjoying life. Every post is about everything she has. Family. Friends. A good life.

I think I really focus on the bad, a lot. I don't mean to. I think I just get caught up in whatever everyone else has, and what I don't. The truth is I have a lot. The most important thing to me is Jacob and his happiness. I am beyond blessed to be his mother. And while I get frustrated at times, he is amazing. He brings a smile to my face every single day. He's happy and healthy. What more could I really ask for? I have a husband who loves me for me. Is he perfect? No. But neither am I. In fact, who is? I think every couple has ups and downs. Some more then others but they are always there. We're getting through our ups and downs, and coming out on top. In the end I have an awesome family who loves me unconditionally. I have a son who loves to give kisses and smiles whenever I say his name. I have a husband who holds me at night, and does everything he can to make me happy. If you really think about, aren't those the most important things?

For the new year I want to focus on the good. All the things in my life that I am blessed with. Who cares if we can't afford another car, or we don't have tons of money in the bank. We have each other and all the things we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love comments.