Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oy.

I learned today that taking a one year old to the post office = not good. First off, it was pretty difficult trying to wear him and carry a box. I pulled out the baby hawk that I had borrowed from a friend. He wanted NOTHING to do with it. And really, I can't say I am big on that carrier either. I am hoping to get an Ergo in January. Fingers crossed the husband is okay with me buying yet another carrier! Anyway, Jacob wanted down. And he wanted to run around. And pull out boxes. And play with other people's shoe laces. It was a disaster. I felt like "that mom". You know, the one that everyone stares at because she can't control her kid. I have a bunch of other things I need to ship, but it'll have to be on a day the hubbs has off work. I must also add in here that I absolutely HATE downtown Jacksonville [NC]. The streets just make no sense to me. The lights are in odd places. It's just weird. I know a few of you are from here. Do you feel the same way or is it just me?

After the post office I headed to a few stores. The MCX, Target, Walmart.  I finally finished all my shopping. Now it's just time to wrap it all up, put it in boxes, and get it out. Nothing is getting to anyone by Christmas, but it's the thought that counts right? I think next year everyone is getting giftcards. While I like picking things out for people, shipping it all is costly, time consuming, and really just a hassle. I spent 15$ just sending out a large flat rate box. So, I can imagine what this huge box I am shipping out next week is going to cost me.

I can't believe Christmas is right around the cornor! I still don't feel too into the Christmas spirit. I think maybe when Jacob is older and we're around family it'll feel more like Christmas. It just sucks to cook this big meal for two people, since Jacob probably won't eat any of it. He MIGHT eat the ham. He loves meat. Veggies & Fruits? Not so much. I can't get over how picky he is. I thought breastfed babies weren't suppose to be picky. He really used to eat anything we gave him, except anything green. He's been anti-green foods since we introduced solids. He complicates meal times, but I still love him.

I should get off here and head to bed. I have to wake up early to pick up the hubbs from work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love comments.