Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

my diaper obsession.

Oh my. I didn't realize just how much you can get obsessed with buying cloth diapers! I imagine it's much worse when you have a girl, because there are so many cute prints! Boys aren't as lucky, but I still love all the bright colors on Jacob. I started out my cloth diapering experience with 2 flip covers and 6 prefolds. I've since moved up in the world, ditched the prefolds [im not a fan], and invested some money in diapers I love. I am a pocket diaper type of girl. The stuffing doesn't bother me at all. I now have 11 diapers, which is enough for roughly a day and a half. I wash everyday, but it's not a big deal to me either. Speaking of laundry, what does everyone do for their wash routine? I fill up my washer with cold water, and do the soak option. Then I wash on hot. And then dry on air fluff.



I need new storage!


My favorite diaper by far is the Tots Bots Easy Fit. I have two of them, and they really can hold some pee! I hate to admit this, but the other day Jacob went 9 hours without a diaper change. He was wearing a Tots Bots and had NO leaks. His skin also felt dry. No redness or anything. There weren't any extra inserts or anything. So I am thinking it would be a great night time diaper with an insert stuffed in there too. I've just been too chicken to try it out lol. Maybe tomorrow night!


L to R; BumGenius 4.0, GoGreen pocket diaper, Bum Essentials Bumbino, Flip cover, Tots Bots Easy Fit, Fuzzibunz, Flip Cover, Kawaii Baby, Tots Bots Easy Fit, and lastly another Bum Essentials. Not pictured is my Happy Heinys which is currently in the wet bag

Yesterday I mastered putting cloth wipes in a container so they pop up like regular wipes. A friend reccomended California Baby Diaper Area spray. So I think I might give that a shot too. I figured why not. It's probably more effective at cleaning anyway.  The only downer to this is that my husband is just NOT comfortable with cloth diapering at all. He doesn't want anything to do with it. I tried to show him that it really is simple. You change his diaper just like a dispoable. Of course poop goes in the toilet but I don't see the big deal. Oh well. I do most of the diaper changes anyway!

1 comment:

  1. If you want to make a solution so that your wipes come out damp like disposable wipes, you can. Or you can buy solutions.

    Anti-Fungal
    Omit vinegar if baby has a raw rash.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    1 tablespoon calendula oil
    A few drops lavender oil
    A few drops tea tree oil
    1/4 cup 100% aloe vera gel
    1 cup water
    Anti-Fungal Too

    Similar to the other anti-fungal recipe, but less vinegar and water.
    1 teaspoon white vinegar
    1 tablespoon calendula oil
    A few drops lavender oil
    A few drops tea tree oil
    1/4 cup 100% aloe vera gel
    1/2 cup water
    Basic Wipe Solution
    This basic recipe can be adapted by changing the type of soap or oil.
    1/2 cup baby oil
    1/2 cup baby wash
    2 cups water
    Castile Solution

    Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap comes in several yummy scents!
    1 tablespoon almond, apricot, or other oil
    1 tablespoon Dr Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap
    2 drops tea tree oil
    1 drop lavender oil
    1 cup water


    Really, as long as you have some sort of baby wash, water and oil you're set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love comments.