Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

New computer.

So after I bought my laptop, it totally was a piece of crap. I refuse to buy Dell or Gateway ever again. It would freeze up at the smallest thing. Annoying! So I took it back, got my store credit, and was waiting to go pick out my laptop. Then, our desktop decided to crash. So yesterday we decided to just get a new desktop, move it into the den, and childproof it so that we can all be in here together. The den is formally the man cave. My poor husband. He had a game room which got turned into a spare bedroom. Then the den became his, and now there is a sea of toys in it. He's a trooper though. I think as long as he has his recliner, he's good to go. Hopefully things are okay with this computer!

I'm realizing more and more how much I need to just get out of the house. I go to the LLL meetings, but not as often as I would like. Even though Jacob has me running all around the place, I still enjoy talking to other moms. People that talk back! It's just really nice. I'm going this week to a Cafe Mom meet up which I am excited about. I'm told that the place doesn't have too much to get into, but if there is Jacob will find it. Hopefully it's okay and it won't be too bad. I don't drink coffee [it's at a coffee house] but they have other stuff, and food too. So it'll be nice to go hang out and eat some breakfast. Maybe I will even share with the little guy!

What kind of stuff do you guys do to get out and socialize with kids? I find it so hard sometimes because Jacob is into EVERYTHING!

1 comment:

  1. Woot for new computers (you should have gotten an Apple - we will be selling our iMac soon because we don't use it. Wireless everything. One cord to plug into the wall).

    Anywho, I am totally excited for Tuesday. Thanks for the invite!

    Today we went to Wilmington and went ice skating (I'll be blogging about that later) but usually we have friends over or go to dinner parties.

    Occasionally we hit up Roller Derby in Wilmington or an NHL game up in Raleigh.

    And I do playdates with Q. I want to start a dinner during lunch playdate with some moms. Every other week or so do a dinner style meal at lunchtime and the kiddos can play. We can each take turns hosting and cooking. Potluck style or sharing a kitchen but with theme nights. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love comments.